Preparing for Fertility Treatment During COVID-19
When you are struggling to have a baby, every waiting minute feels like an eternity. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has introduced a new set of hurdles and speed bumps on your path to parenthood. We understand how frustrating and heart breaking this is, and CCRM is here to support anyone wanting to grow their family in 2020.
Your fertility journey during COVID-19
CCRM doctors continue to evaluate the recommendations of the CDC and local and state officials to assess the status of the virus and the risks to our patients. We want to do everything that we can to ensure your safety while expediting your path to pregnancy. With so many aspects of this rapidly evolving picture, this will require flexibility on all of our parts. While it may feel that little is within our control, this is an ideal time to prepare for pregnancy.
Kick start your path to pregnancy
Here are some steps you can take now to prepare your body for pregnancy:
- Watch these educational videos to learn more about what to expect when beginning fertility treatment: Your Fertility Journey at CCRM
- Ensure you are up-to-date on wellness testing and immunizations.
- Collect copies of your relevant medical records.
- Prior to your new patient consultation, you will need to provide medical records for any previous fertility treatments, annual gynecological exams, and MMR and chickenpox immunization records.
- As you start your fertility journey, we recommend that you prepare your body for treatment in the following ways:
- Schedule a new patient consultation with a CCRM physician. CCRM facilities will continue to remain open for new patient consultations and fertility testing. We also offering and encouraging telehealth consultations, which do not require in-office examination. Scheduling an appointment will allow you and your doctor to talk about pretreatment testing and ways to get your body prepared for a pregnancy. Your doctor may suggest some fertility pretreatments, which in some cases are most beneficial when followed for 3 months prior to conceiving. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are in self-quarantine, awaiting results of testing or have travelled to a high-risk area, we can provide a telehealth consultation.
- Complete your fertility testing and workup. CCRM is still providing testing to healthy individuals, men and women, who do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Schedule a treatment planning appointment with your CCRM physician to discuss your test results, and treatment plan for when it is safe to pursue pregnancy.
- Schedule a nurse consultation and in vitro fertilization (IVF) education appointment to learn how to administer your medications and what to expect when you do start treatment.