CCRM Northern Virginia
The Pre-Cycle Coordinator (PCC) is a member of the care team and a partner with the Clinical staff to ensure that the administrative and clinical needs of the patient are handled on a timely basis. The PCC enriches the patient’s experience by providing another source of contact to patients, in addition to their primary nurse, when clinical or administrative needs arise. The primary role and responsibilities for the Pre-Cycle coordinator is to coordinate the care of the new patient from NP appointment through regroup.
The PCC demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of their fertility patients. The PCC works with the Nurse Coordinators to facilitate care for the fertility patient. This position reports directly to the Clinical Manager and takes daily direction from the Clinical Manger, Physician and Practice Administrator in the coordination of clinical and administrative patient related duties.
- Serve as the central resource for the new patient
- Prepare New Patient chart prior to appointment: ensure records have been received. Data abstract and prepare summary for physicians
- Provide guidance on next steps to all new patients after initial consult with physician. Meet with new patients and follow up regularly by phone after appointment to coordinate next step in care process.
- Obtain medical records from patients, authorized providers, and insurance carriers while maintaining strict compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Initiate checklist and track patient workup status.
- Schedule all diagnostic appointments & input all orders for appointments.
- Ensure current workup labs, communicable testing, pap smear, annual exam and mammogram (if applicable) have been completed for both patient and partner.
- Follow up with physician/patient on any abnormal results
- Sign out care to RN when patient workup has been completed.
- Fax prescriptions to pharmacy per nurse instructions
- Answer new patient calls and emails
- Follow up with any patient that cancels an appointment and does not reschedule
- Route patient questions, problems, complaints and concerns to appropriate personnel
Education: College degree preferred, however not required; High School Diploma minimum
Licensure: MA, LVN or LPN certifications or equivalent experience is helpful, however not required
Experience: Previous healthcare experience preferred, not required
Skills: Must be well organized with excellent communication skills. Must have excellent customer service skills, demonstrate the ability to be an effective team member, and perform duties that are delegated to him/her.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org