The Surgical Scrub Tech handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Helps in draping sterile field
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Prepares sterile dressings
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient
- Day-to-day hands-on patient care including, admitting patients, assisting with embryo transfer and surgery and PACU as directed
- Provide clinical support for patients undergoing oocyte retrieval and embryo transfers
- Receptionist duties, check in patients, and surgery scheduling
- Alert the nurse manager if consumable surgery items are needed
- Sterilization of surgical instruments and maintaining infection control policies
- Be a resource for staff and physicians
- This position is for per diem and will include weekend/holiday coverage
- Admit patients, consenting patients, vital signs, and providing compassionate care to the surgical patient
- Educate the patient about the procedure and discharge instructions
- Set up OR and embryo transfer rooms for each case
- Orient new staff as requested by the nurse manager
- Ensure that all documents are completed prior to the patient undergoing the procedures
- Assist with all reception duties, including post op calls, telephone triage, and ordering supplies to maintain the proper functions of the surgery center
- Maintain ACLS/BLS training
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree, Diploma from an accredited school, preferred.
- Current Surgical Technologist certificate License.
- Surgical technologists graduate from surgical technology programs accredited through ARC/STSA, a collaborative effort of AST and ACS, by CAAHEP. CAAHEP is a recognized accreditation agency of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
- A minimum of one year of previous experience related to operating room and/or post anesthesia care, and/or critical care experience required.
- Must possess knowledge and skills in care of the surgery patient.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with good communication skills. Also must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy. Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to nursing care of the surgery patient.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Must demonstrate skills and knowledge in the care of patients.
- Must have the ability to function independently, and seek assistance from the physicians and team members as needed.
- Strong computer skills, be able to use basic office equipment and handle multiple phone lines.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Support vision and mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality.
- Utilizes time efficiently.
This job operated in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Part-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com