The Surgery Center Staff Nurse is responsible for providing individualized nursing care to CCRM’s surgery patients and patients having embryo transfers. The staff nurse must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in the care of surgery patients and infertility patients. He/she reports to the Surgery Center Manager and takes direction from the physicians related to patient care needs. The staff nurse must function independently in the role, and seek assistant from the physicians, manager and team members as needed. Must be well organized, detailed oriented, self-motivated, possess great customer service skills, and excellent communication skills.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
Licensure: Current Minnesota Registered Nurse License. Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
Education: Associate Degree, Diploma, and/or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing. Must maintain active ACLS and BLS certification. Must maintain efficiency in Malignant Hyperthermia crisis management.
Experience: A minimum of one year of previous experience related to operating room nursing and/or post anesthesia care, and/or critical care experience required. Must have a minimum of three years of nursing experience in other RN roles.
Skills: Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills in nursing care of the surgery patient. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail oriented. Must have excellent customer service skills along with good communication skills. Also must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy. Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to nursing care of the surgery patient.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete patient assessment, collection and interpretation of pertinent data relevant to patient’s care.
- Documentation of all assessments, interventions, and patient’s response.
- Prepare supplies/equipment necessary for the surgical patient, and perform cleaning and sterilization of instruments in the surgical suite.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sterile technique and use of equipment in the OR and PACU environment.
- Provide teaching and ability to answer patient questions, utilizing resources needed and available.
- Communicate patient’s condition to MD’s and other providers as needed/appropriate.
- Discharge patients to home/temporary housing as condition dictates. Arrange transfer of patient to hospital if continuing medical care needed.
- Promote a positive work environment, be accountable for personal conduct and actively participate in staff meetings and unit problem solving.
- Demonstrate organizational skills that provide efficient patient care and the smooth operation of the unit on a daily basis.
- Detail oriented approach to paperwork, ensuring it is signed, accurate and complete.
- Coordinates chart review prior to procedure to assure all surgery center and IVF laboratory consent forms are complete and signed.
- Inquire with patient if he/she has advanced directives and input the forms into the patient’s EMR if forms have been completed.
- Handle emergent situations calmly and efficiently, responding quickly and demonstrating knowledge of emergency procedures and equipment.
- Performs post op call and documents in EMR.
- Assists with QI and research as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org