CCRM San Francisco
The Surgery Center Director must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in all aspects of nursing care of the surgical patient. This position reports to the Medical Director and should function independently in all areas. This position takes direction from the Medical Director as it relates to specific patient care needs and concerns, nursing education, and smooth operation and flow of patient care in the surgery center. This position is responsible for the supervision and management of all surgery center staff, resolving problems in coordination and collaboration with the Medical Director and other department managers. The Surgery Center Director has full accountability for patient care management of CCRM’s surgery center. This position is responsible for directing CCRM’s overall AAAHC accreditation and infection control program.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Direct and oversee daily operation in the Surgery Center, be a resource for staff, physicians, and other disciplines.
- Daily management and responsibility for all surgery center nurses, assistants, and surgery scheduler.
- Perform direct patient care as scheduled in all areas.
- Interview, hire, counsel, discipline, and terminate employees as necessary.
- Gather feedback and perform all surgery staff evaluations.
- Coordinate educational offerings/training of employees. Coordinate ongoing Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support training for all CCRM staff required to maintain these certifications.
- Direct the scheduling of surgical procedures in conjunction with the Surgery Scheduler and IVF lab staff.
- Act as a liaison with MDs, anesthesia provider, other departments and disciplines to improve patient care at CCRM.
- Direct the purchasing of all supplies, medications, and surgical equipment. Assure that all surgical equipment is in working order and available for patient care at all times. Oversee the demonstration of new equipment for possible purchase for patient care use.
- Coordinate and hold regular staff meetings.
- Coordinate CCRM AAAHC ongoing accreditation process. Attend ongoing governing board meetings and activities as required by AAAHC. Assure compliance with all AAAHC standards related to the surgery center, infection control and administration of anesthesia in the surgical setting.
- Serve as Surgery Center administrator and coordinate licensure renewal with the Colorado State Department of Health and other periodic health department requirements. Assure compliance with the Colorado State Department of Health’s standards for surgery center licensing.
- Manage annual mandatory flu vaccine and other State required programs for the surgery center staff.
- Supervise and assure compliance with infection control program at CCRM. Coordinate the infection control program for the surgery center setting, and assist other department managers to assure compliance for CCRM’s overall infection control. Serve as the infection control nurse for CCRM.
- Participate in the QI program, committees, and research as appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee ongoing QI studies for all surgery center staff.
- Develop, maintain, update and implement all surgery center policies and procedures to assure high quality patient care is provided to all surgery center patients.
- Coordinate the privileging, credentialing and ongoing re-credentialing of all medical staff members, physicians, and other non-employee patient care providers in the surgery center. Alerts Medical Director of all situations requiring follow-up of these personnel. Alerts Medical Director to a possible impaired provider immediately upon assessment of an unsafe provider.
- Coordinate ongoing peer review of medical staff members, physicians, and other non-employee patient care providers in the surgery center. Serve as peer review committee chairperson.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse license. Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
- Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, and/or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing required.
- A minimum of three years of previous management experience at a manager or supervisor level is required. A minimum of five years of previous experience related to operating room nursing and post anesthesia care required.
- Must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in the care of surgery patient and infertility patients.
- Must function independently in the role, and seek assistance from the physicians, and team members as needed.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians, and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Executive Director.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays as needed.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; is frequently required to stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment; and operation of surgery center equipment and machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com