The Support Services Counselor must demonstrate skills and knowledge in psychological counseling, community resources, and support services. The Support Services Counselor requires a strong commitment to patient care and staff development in the area of patient counseling, patient support, and community resources and education. He/she reports to the Executive Director and should function independently in all areas. The Support Services Counselor works closely with the Executive Director, Medical Director, Department Managers, staff and physicians as it relates to coordination of psychological counseling and support services for patient and the community regarding infertility.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Meet with patients to inform them of support services available to them during their care at CCRM.
- Work cooperatively with physicians, staff support counselors, and genetic counselor to provide psychological support to all referred patients.
- Coordinate psychological counseling and support groups services for the following patients:
- 3rd party reproduction: donor egg, donor sperm, and donor embryo
- Failed IVF cycle
- Genetic testing abnormalities
- Pregnancy loss; grief
- Provide assessments, including PAI, for donors and gestational carriers.
- Provide consultations for donor recipients and intended parents.
- Provide referrals for patients when necessary.
- Participate in staff training and in-services as well as patient support programs.
- Provide daily support to nursing staff to assist them in working with patients.
- Proactively meet with nursing staff to provide opportunities to discuss the coordination of specific patient support needs.
- Assist individual nurses in providing care to patients needing additional emotional support and counseling.
- Participate in facility wide Quality Improvement projects.
- Participate in mandatory CCRM training and mental health specific trainings.
- Assist with in-house gestational carrier program as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or Psychologist.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate degree required. PAI certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of psychological counseling experience required. Previous experience in counseling in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge in the field of reproductive technology and infertility preferred.
- Knowledge in facilitating support groups and public speaking for community seminars and presentation, website management for patient support and education and new program development and coordination preferred.
- Must be able to coordinate many projects in addition to providing patient counseling and staff support.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to psychological counseling.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Executive Director.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings on a rotating basis with other teammates, as needed.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employer is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org