CCRM Management, Inc.
This position oversees analysts and support staff responsible for implementation, support, and maintenance of various EHR systems, associated modules, and a variety of 3rd party Health IT systems/vendors. This position will be responsible for coordinating maintenance and support of the EMR system, coordinating form development, implementation of on-going and new employee training, assessing the skills necessary to function as an employee in the EHR system, consultation and collaboration with members of the nursing leadership and information technology teams to meet deadlines, identifying strengths and weaknesses of each department in relation to EHR, and completing activities associated with system updates and conversions as appropriate. This position reports to the Director of Systems Integration and Development and will work closely with leadership, nursing staff, and physicians to ensure standardized process and workflow as well as clinical application adoption for the electronic medical record system. The Senior Clinical Applications Analyst – Supervisor is responsible for meeting deadlines, managing projects and tasks associated from tickets, direct requests and company initiatives governed by the Director of Systems Integration and Development.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Manages EHR and other clinical application project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Provides seamless customer service support to EHR and clinical app users within the organization.
- Oversee day to day tasks including projects from staff responsibilities.
- Lead EHR IT projects, including planning, obtaining customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Direct team members for front-line support of end user issues with accessing and completing services in EHR and clinical apps.
- Monitor that the team responds effectively and in a timely manner to inquiries from a wide customer base, which may include patients, providers, and administrative staff.
- Ensure the training of staff in systems required to provide input or output to/from the EMR including new hire orientation, on-site training, and training support during system upgrades, etc.
- Oversee the development of training manuals, FAQs, and other training documentation for distribution.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of EHR related forms in an accurate and timely manner through Visual Form Editor Software and CCC content.
- Manage and maintain the Medfusion & Superscripts patient portal system.
- Facilitate user support of the E-Prescribe electronic prescription system.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and user support of DocuSign electronic consent system.
- Implement system optimizations in response to in depth understanding of clinical workflows
- Identify, document, and coordinate the optimization of workflows associated with all clinical applications
- Identify and responds to reporting needs.
- Routinely meets with leadership and nursing team members for solutions and to understand workflow and future needs, implement changes, and complete process improvement.
- Provide EMR related help desk support. Uses support ticket system to document and track end user needs and troubleshoot issues remotely or in person.
- Manage IT systems at a base level and be required to learn and develop their overall technical skillset.
- Seek opportunities for additional responsibilities and growth within organization. Shows initiative and enthusiasm in suggesting and implementing new concepts and/or ideas for improvement.
- Receive necessary ongoing cross-training in other information technology team responsibilities as appropriate.
- Normal hours include planning time, consultation with staff locally and in satellite locations and educational activities.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
- Must possess own reliable vehicle with current registration and insurance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Health Information Technology or similar field.
- Two years’ experience working in healthcare informatics required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with EHR systems and their interdependencies.
- Strong working knowledge of an EHR system.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in diversified healthcare information technology support required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer equipment and software, including but not limited to, Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook – Intermediate to Advanced skills) required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills required for position.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to the position.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail oriented.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate positively and professionally with patients and staff members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to function independently, and seek assistance from team members as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Support vision and mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality of all work product.
- Utilizes time efficiently.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation and standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to GAdair@ccrmivf.com