The Research Embryologist position will demonstrate knowledge and skill related to experiments for clinical media development and collection of oocyte and embryo samples and laboratory maintenance and support. The Research Embryologist will work in the EMR system to gather and compile patient data in the designated Excel spreadsheets. The Research Embryologist directly reports to the Research Director and should function in an independent fashion. The Research Embryologist will be responsible, attentive to details and have a desire to develop professionally.
CCRM is an industry-leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis. CCRM is proud to assist in building all kinds of families.
- Successfully complete IVM/IVF/IVC (including all steps and media preparation) in mouse and other animal models
- Conduct experiments assessing various cellular and molecular endpoints in oocytes, sperm and/or preimplantation mammalian embryos using multiple analytical techniques including but not limited to:
- Assess ICM/TE/Total cell number in blastocysts
- Real time quantitative PCR (DNA/RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis)
- Embryo micromanipulation
- Live and fixed cell/tissue imaging
- Perform embryo transfer in mice
- Record results of all research in a laboratory notebook and excel files
- Conduct assigned laboratory maintenance duties
- Add data to laboratory QC database on a regular basis
- Report and discuss research results at weekly lab meetings and bi-weekly meetings with laboratory PI; assist in planning future work
- Read scientific literature
- Assist in interpretation of experimental results
- Create graphs and tables of research data
- Assist in preparation of manuscripts
- Assist in preparation of seminars
- Bank and catalog samples, both human and research models
- Assist Senior Researchers to maintain freezer inventories
- Assist with reagent aliquot preparation and inventory
- Present research findings at national and international meetings
- Participate in seminars and journal clubs
- Communicate with Research Department staff regarding coordination of laboratory function
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences, Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, or a related field.
- Scientific laboratory experience.
- Strong computer and excel skills, ability to use basis office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Research Director.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical/research setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. Work with animals is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CCRM proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $30.00/per hour
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.