The Radiology Technologist performs diagnostic imaging for CCRM. The Radiology Technologist obtains high quality radiology images that the physician will interpret for the ongoing treatment of patients. This position reports directly to the Nurse Manager and takes direction from the Medical Director, Executive Director and other physicians as needed.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Coordinate daily fluoroscopy patient operations.
- Prepare patients for examination, including vital signs and getting urine pregnancy test on patient prior to procedure.
- Prepare procedure trays and set up appropriate equipment to perform each procedure.
- Provide effective patient teaching, as needed, prior to and following procedure, maintaining calm and compassionate demeanor with each patient.
- Provide appropriate and proper patient positioning for procedure, ensuring patient comfort for each procedure.
- Closely follow physician instructions to assure correct set up and image for each procedure.
- Set up fluoroscopy equipment to capture and obtain high quality images for each procedure.
- Monitor patient physical condition during the procedure to determine patient tolerance to procedure.
- Review procedure results with physician and follow up as ordered.
- Provide support and answer patient questions regarding the procedure and any follow up concerns.
- Provide accurate, timely and detailed documentation of each procedure, including the dose of radiation, area treated, and the patient’s reaction to the procedure.
- Daily equipment maintenance and maintenance/cleanliness of procedure room.
- Keep ongoing inventory of supplies and equipment needed and place supply orders as needed.
- Maintain professional standing by participating in continuing professional education and professional organization membership.
- Participate in quality improvement activities and research as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited radiology program.
- Certified Radiology Technician (ARRT-R)
- Minimum of 2 years of Radiology Technician experience required.
- Previous HSG experience preferred.
- Must display appropriate clinical judgment and problem solving skills related to imaging and patient care.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Nurse Manager.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will frequently stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office and imaging machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org