CCRM San Francisco
The Physician Assistant demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in the care of the gynecologic, infertility and obstetrical patients. He/she reports to the Practice Manager. He/she works under the supervision of the Medical Director for all clinical care and he/she is responsible for the initiation and maintenance of patient care. He/she should function in an independent fashion. He/she takes direction from the physician as it relates to specific patient care concerns.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and interpretation of the medical and social history of gynecological, infertility and obstetrical patients.
- Performs the following GYN procedures:
- Physical exams/FDA donor physicals
- Pap smears
- Wet preps
- Endometrial biopsy
- Punch biopsy
- Other- as credentialed and signed off by MD
- Performs the following OB procedures:
- Physical exams
- Assessment of risks associated with age, medical condition, and/or multiple gestation.
- Nursing education regarding pregnancy
- First trimester pregnancy care
- Prescribe medication and dosages to patients within expanded scope of practice.
- Perform and/or order appropriate medical screening procedure based on clinical findings and history, i.e., mammography, ultrasound, pap smear, etc.
- Interpret laboratory data and order appropriate additional or follow up laboratory testing.
- Consult with physician when abnormal conditions or findings are present.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all patient procedures and communications.
- Assist with patient teaching, including IVF/recipient nursing consults, lupron consults and patient callbacks, as needed.
- Call medication dosages to patient after consultation with physician, as needed.
- Coordinate appropriate medical and psychosocial referrals as indicated and provide liaison assistance with other agencies, if needed.
- Assure all consents/forms are accurate, complete and in the EMR.
- Coordinate CCRM egg donation program which includes the following:
- Consenting egg donors
- Completes risk assessment and physical exam per FDA guidance document.
- Calendars donors
- Consults with donors on benefits and risks of egg donation.
- Resource and leader to all clinical IVF nurses.
- Provide educational teaching/in-service to other staff members as appropriate for
- patient care information or follow up, procedural or medication information etc.
- Serve as the liaison with pharmaceutical representatives and other vendors for
- OB/GYN/infertility related medications and equipment.
- Participate in research/studies as requested or needed.
- Assists the IVF nurse coordinators as needed.
- Maintain professional standing by participating in continuing education and professional organization membership.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Diploma or Associate of Nursing degree from an accredited school of Nursing, Bachelor of Science degree.
- Also requires advanced education and completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current PA License required.
- Current PA Certification & Prescriptive Authority required.
- Current BCLS certification required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in Women’s Health field is preferred.
- Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills in nursing care.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to the position.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail oriented.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Must have the ability to function independently, and seek assistance from the lab director and team members as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Support vision and mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality.
- Utilizes time efficiently.
This job operated in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of medical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job please visit Thanh Dinh.