Website CCRM San Francisco
The Phlebotomist – Per Diem position responsible for performing phlebotomy procedures, blood processing, obtaining lab results from reference laboratories, assisting with andrology related duties, maintenance of computer generated logs and reports related to patient testing, billing and other lab related duties. This staff position works in conjunction with the billing office to coordinated patient charges and collect payment at the time of services.
The Phlebotomist must demonstrate knowledge and skills in phlebotomy, blood processing, and administrative and patient care duties related to the clinical laboratory. He/she reports directly to the Laboratory Manager. This position also takes direction from the Assistant Laboratory Manager and Medical Technologists.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations scanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Provide phlebotomy services to patients according to established procedures and protocols including proper patient identification, patient preparation, specimen collection and labeling.
- Confirm all patient demographic information with patient per established protocols, requests and facilitates correction of all inaccuracies.
- Confirm accuracy of patient insurance information and ensures use of contracted reference laboratory when appropriate per established procedures. Routes billing information correctly as “bill insurance”; “bill patient”; “bill client”.
- Correctly processes samples per established protocols for testing including required transportation and storage conditions, completion of requisition forms, and transmission of electronic data per protocol.
- Generate correct billing, charges, and payment information as required for laboratory services.
- Accurately and completely performs the billing audit without incident.
- Keep work area clean and tidy at all times. Follows blood borne pathogen handling and disposal procedures per OSHA guidelines.
- Assure availability of adequate supplies for phlebotomy procedures. Performs inventory at pre-established intervals; orders supplies to maintain minimum inventory levels.
- Meticulously follows established procedure for returned shipping kits.
- Review and maintain the RSO to reflect appropriate current and pending orders on a daily and weekly basis.
- Work with genetic laboratories to ensure proper billing; resolve any patient billing complaints and issues.
- Participate in quality assurance and improvement activities on an ongoing basis as defined by laboratory management and quality team.
- Consistently protects computer access by locking and signing off computer programs when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current phlebotomy certification
- High School education required.
- Knowledge of phlebotomy protocols obtained through a phlebotomy training program including practical training.
- Working knowledge of laboratory software.
- Minimum of 200 documented, successful blood draws
- Must have excellent phlebotomy skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills in phlebotomy, specimen processing and administrative and patient care duties.
- Must feel comfortable collecting payment for services rendered.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essentials.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians, and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and access for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Clinical Laboratory Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will frequently stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type, and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com