The Payroll & Benefits Manager at CCRM performs all payroll and employee benefit processing functions for the CCRM and its network of clinics. This position works to ensure operational efficiency of the company’s payroll and HRIS systems and processes, pay and benefits accuracy, and the delivery of excellent customer service. The successful incumbent will possess strong customer service, organizational and time management skills. Independent judgment is required to proactively and effectively plan, prioritize and organize a diverse workload. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Human Resources and regularly interacts with employees at all levels including clinic leaders, department supervisors, physicians, and members of the executive management team.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Accurately administer and process multi-state payroll and benefits for 500+ employees in various clinic locations throughout the United States and Canada.
- Accurately and timely enter all new hire information into HRIS, payroll and benefits systems.
- Maintain accuracy of all employee (new and existing) information in payroll and HRIS systems.
- Ensure paychecks are processed accurately and timely, including final checks and any other off-cycle checks as requested.
- Calculate manual checks, involuntary terminations, missed hours, and special requests.
- Maintain all employee salary information, making adjustments as instructed by management, including but not limited to, annual merit adjustments, monthly preceptor bonuses for nurses, quarterly bonuses for physicians and staff recognition, and annual bonuses for employees.
- Audit, research and resolve payroll and benefits related questions and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist HR Manager in providing support and guidance to managers and clinic leaders in the areas of payroll and benefits.
- Respond to all employment verifications.
- Complete and submit requested unemployment wage information.
- Process and respond to all garnishments.
- Conduct and maintain all payroll and benefit-related reporting and compliance with all relevant federal and state regulations including, but not limited to ACA, OSHA, HIPAA, CMS, COBRA, FMLA, ADAA, and DOL.
- Ensure the Company’s payroll and benefits systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, payroll deduction, employee benefits, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability.
- Facilitate the training of ADP’s payroll and timekeeping modules to department managers as needed.
- Accurately process benefit enrollments for eligible employees, including maintaining compliance with federal and state required notifications.
- Accurately process all bi-weekly FSA and HSA contributions, including ensuring all bi-weekly contributions are funded accordingly and to the correct carrier in a timely manner.
- Accurately process all 401k-related transactions including, but not limited to, entering and updating employee elections, 401k loans, etc. into the Company’s payroll system, ensuring accurate payroll deductions each pay period, ensuring all 401k contributions are submitted to the Plan in timely manner after each payroll, and submitting requested census data to the TPA at the end of each calendar year.
- Work closely with benefits broker and HR Manager to ensure a smooth open enrollment process each year.
- Generate accurate headcount reports for management and development teams.
- Generate management reports using ADP and/or Benefit Carrier reporting tools.
- Handles the administration of the company-sponsored 401k plan. This includes making sure all employee elections and/or loans are accurately added to the payroll system and deducted from their paychecks accordingly. They are also responsible for making sure the 401k contributions are submitted to the plan in a timely manner after each payroll. This also includes submitting requested census data to the third party administrator (TPA) at the end of each calendar year.
- Assist accounting team with quarterly and annual company audits.
- Audit payroll records and run adjustments as needed.
- Distribute employee recognition vouchers for Colorado employees celebrating 5-10-15-etc years of service. This includes employees from CCRM Practice, Fertility Labs of Colorado and Fertility Genetics.
- Handle all Workers Comp Audits as requested.
- Work with Accounts Payable department in reviewing and approving all payroll and benefit services related invoices.
- Review and process payment of the United Healthcare bill each month.
- Effectively work with employees in the Accounting, HR, and Management teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years minimum experience processing multi-state payroll, required.
- 2+ years minimum experience processing employee benefits, required.
- Associates degree, or equivalent work-related experience, required. Bachelor’s degree in related area, preferred.
- CPP certification preferred.
- Extensive Payroll/Benefits, Time and Attendance enterprise systems experience, required. ADP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, PPACA, DOL, as well as various applicable state and federal regulations specific to health insurance.
- Quarter/Year End processing experience.
- Working knowledge of forms 940, 941, W-2, W-3, 1099, state and unemployment returns.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality, with a proven ability to establish, meet and exceed time-sensitive objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrating abilities in being able to manage multiple and changing priorities, and offering solutions to challenges or concerns, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to meet/exceed client expectations and provide clients with a positive experience at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels, including executives and physicians.
- Ability to develop value-added relationships with employees, managers, cross-functional teams, and executive management teams.
- Proficiency with common office software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency to all tasks and assignments with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion regarding confidential and sensitive information.
This job operated in a professional office setting with daily use standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to JPeel@ccrmivf.com