The Patient Finance Representative must demonstrate knowledge and skill in all aspects of patient finance, medical billing, and managed care insurance. This person is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the patient in person, in electronic communications, and over the phone. This position is responsible for assuring the patients understand their financial responsibilities including costs associated with their care and the role of their health insurance company. He/she reports to the Office Manager and takes direction from the Director of Patient Financial Services.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network for award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Meet with in-office new patients following their initial consultations to discuss costs, insurance and any patient questions (financial consult).
- Meet with patients after their regroup appointments for a financial consult.
- Check patient infertility benefits for all new patients or for any patients who have insurance benefit changes.
- Assure patient payment for services when they do not have benefits for services rendered.
- Assist with collection of patient past due balances that patient has not paid for in the past by utilizing the patient credit card on account and/or calling the patient for payment when balance due is over $500.00.
- Speak to any patient/significant other wishing to speak to a billing representative regarding insurance matters, current account status, or any billing or payment questions.
- Assist patient/significant other with insurance questions and/or pre-determination letters.
- Provide insurance company with required information for pre-authorization for procedures.
- Check for IUI authorizations as needed.
- Assist in recording information from the Patient Information (PI) forms into the computer on every new patient, patient’s significant other, and every patient/significant other’s changes on the form. Update information as needed to assure accuracy in billing.
- Assist with front desk patient scheduling, answering phones and triaging calls, as needed.
- Assist with collection of patient payment for IVF, IVF/Donor/FET and GC cycles before the patient begins medications for their cycle.
- Speak to patient about Pregnancy Express enrollment and answer any questions.
- Accurately perform daily write up and write up daily deposits.
- Accurately post charges from superbills and send to business office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business preferred.
- 3 years of previous experience related to medical billing required. Previous experience with reproductive medicine patient billing preferred.
- Must possess knowledge and skill in business office functions, managed care and customer service.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to patient billing and accounts.
- Must possess a high level of independent judgment.
- Must be able to coordinate many projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a good team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Office Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation and standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com