The role of the Patient Care Coordinator is to serve as a liaison between the Clinical staff and the patient while the patient is under the care of CCRM, and to ensure that there are no gaps in the patient’s expenses, clinical care, or administrative needs.
The Patient Care Coordinator demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of his/her fertility patients. The Patient Care Coordinator works with the Nurse Coordinators to facilitate care for the fertility patient. He/she reports directly to the Nurse Manager and/or Administrative Manager and takes daily direction from the Nurse Manager/Nurse Coordinators/Physician/ Administrative Manager in the coordination of clinical and administrative duties related to the care of infertility patients.
- Meet with new patients along with the nurse.
- Provide discharge teaching to all new patients after initial consult with physician. If immediate cycling is anticipated-will refer to primary RN. Will initiate checklist and chart audit at this point and sign out to RN when patient plan has been
- Track and audit all patient consent forms through completion. Alert RN if deficiencies
- Track patient workup status to ensure current preconceptual labs, communicable testing, pap smear, annual exam and mammogram (if applicable) have been
- Send abnormal labs and preconceptual labs to RN to review with
- As needed, pull charts for patients due to be reviewed at the weekly ART meeting
- Attend weekly ART meeting
- Attend hormone meeting with the nurse
- Provide support to the nursing staff as needed
- Follow up with patients regarding missing consents/lab workup
- Track and make sure IVF/FET Careplans are completed
- Fax prescriptions to pharmacy per nurse instructions
- Fax clinical information to insurance for pre-authorizations by request from pre-auth. team.
- Answer patient calls and emails
- Route patient questions, problems, complaints and concerns to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate patient clinical care with the nurse and physician in regards to maintaining and monitoring the testing and treatment cycle by scheduling all appointments according to the patient’s treatment protocol.
- Release medical records to or obtain them from patients, authorized providers, and insurance carriers while maintaining strict compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Maintain correspondence for physicians in regards to: New patient referrals, graduating patients, sharing of clinical notes, embryo transfer follow-ups, pregnancy outcomes, and birth congratulations.
- Oversee out of town patient lab work and results.
- Work with nursing team to follow up and ensure lab work is attached to chart when received
- Sign out to nursing team at end of the day, results pending and attempts made to resolve pending
- Oversight of processes, implementation of processes to ensure that the IVF process runs smoothly for
- Work with the Nurse Manager to act as a liaison for difficult situations and patient
- Valid CMA or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Associates degree or other related technical education preferred.
- Previous medical work in the Women’s Health/Fertility field strongly preferred.
- Must be well organized with excellent communication skills.
- Must demonstrate specific administrative assistant skills (see job responsibilities).
- Must have excellent customer service skills, demonstrate the ability to be an effective team member, and perform duties that are delegated to him/her.
This job operated in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com