The Patient Account Representative-Accounts Receivable (PAR-AR) reports to the Enterprise Integration Division’s (EID) Patient Financial Services’ Supervisor. The ideal PAR-AR candidate has a sincere desire to serve patients, possesses a strong aptitude for handling financial transactions and understands medical insurance as it pertains to patient accounts. In addition, candidate should be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience learning and working with practice management software and electronic medical record programs.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to a national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation, technology and cutting-edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Insurance Follow-up
- Monitor outstanding insurance accounts receivables for the various payers with which the practices are contracted.
- Complete resubmissions/appeals as applicable.
- For those claims that exceed a given standard for the length of time a claim is outstanding and thus requires follow-up with the Payer, perform such follow-up to ensure that all funds due from payers are collected on a reasonable and timely basis.
- Post EOBs/ERAs into practice legacy system, as needed.
- Patient Follow-up
- Monitor outstanding patient accounts receivables for the various patients with outstanding balances.
- For those patient accounts that exceed a given standard for length of time a self-pay balance is outstanding, perform follow-up to ensure that all funds due from patients are collected on a reasonable and timely basis.
- Process patient statements
- Daily Activity Review
- Review Charges that have been posted by various practices that may be on HOLD and therefore may have not been submitted to payers for reimbursement or may not have been assigned to patient responsibility
- Determine the reason for the HOLD and resolve such issues.
- End of Day Balancing
- Run reports specified in the End of Day Balancing process, and perform balancing procedures to ensure that all amounts reconcile to supporting documentation and to posted bank deposits.
- Respond to patient questions regarding their account
- Research both self-pay and insurance patient account activity, so that the patients’ questions can be satisfactorily answered and required actions can be taken regarding the accounts.
- Respond per Company protocols to patient phone calls and portal messages.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable status
- Run and review specified reports to ensure that the Company collects on a timely basis all funds that are due.
- Review delinquent accounts per Company’s collection protocols
- Collaborate with the Company’s collection agency
- Compliance Training, including but not limited to HIPAA Compliance
- Participate in HIPAA Training as specified by the Company and observe all HIPAA required protocols.
- Participate in any other compliance training and observe specified requirements.
- Engage in an iterative continuous improvement process to insure the effectiveness of the above set-forth policies, procedures, methodologies, and workflows. Make recommendations for adjustments where indicated to optimize efficiencies for staff and reliability of output for financial and operational reporting purposes, resulting in best-in-class practices and results.
- Engage in a collaborative process with fellow colleagues to bring about the best possible experience for the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in and be an effective contributor in regular and ad-hoc meetings as necessary to achieve Company objectives.
- Engage in professional growth opportunities through ongoing training and professional development, and making use of feedback and recommendations
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a medical/healthcare office setting required.
- 2-3 years of experience in patient financial services preferred.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays, on a rotating basis with other teammates.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively read, generate and analyze reports.
- Superior judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an outgoing personality, with a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and excellent multitasking abilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CCRM proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com