The Patient Accounting Representative must demonstrate knowledge and skills in all aspects of patient accounting, medical billing, and managed care/insurance. The position is responsible for the daily coordination of many aspects of patient billing, as listed in the responsibilities below. He/she takes direction from the Billing Manager or delegated manager and should function independently in the role. Must be well organized, self-motivated, excellent problem solver, and possess excellent communication skills.
Licensure: None Required
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: A minimum of one year previous experience related to medical billing required. Previous experience in reproductive medicine patient billing preferred.
Skills: Must be organized and possess knowledge and skills in business office functions, managed care, and intercompany customer service. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and be detail oriented. Must have excellent customer services skills along with good communication skills. Also must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy. Must be able to coordinate many projects and tasks simultaneously. Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to patient billing and accounts.
- Assist intercompany customer with questions regarding insurance matters, current account status and billing questions.
- Record every conversation or account task to allow other business office staff to follow-up appropriately for patient’s further questions/needs.
- Assists in taking care of patients’ statement balances whenever money is owed by utilizing the patient’s credit card on file.
- Accurately does daily write-ups from previous day’s work and posts all payments processed in Retriever or by check or cash.
- Accurately posts charges from superbills. Sends out statements when patient owes money after charges are posted. Provide copies of insurance claim forms after posting charges, as requested by patient.
- Assists with the “cleaning up” of patient accounts as applicable.
- Accurately post charges for ART cycles and surgeries. Sends notifications to Patient Finance Services department when patient owes money after charges are posted. Provide copies of insurance claim forms after posting charges, as requested by patient.
- Accurately posts insurance and patient payments received from patient visits and/or received by mail.
- Coordinates the billing of procedures to insurance companies when the patient’s insurance covers the procedures, per business office policy.
- Follows up with insurance providers regarding wrong reimbursements, low reimbursements, and/or incorrect insurance denials. This may include sending insurance appeals along with the necessary documentation to facilitate payment.
- Review patient accounts and electronic medical record information to determine that the correct services were billed in comparison with the services rendered.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to JYoumans@ColoCRM.com