CCRM San Francisco
The Patient Account Representative-Check Out (PAR Check-Out) reports to the Enterprise Integration Division’s (EID) Patient Financial Services Manager. The ideal candidate has a sincere desire to serve patients, and possesses a strong aptitude for handling financial transactions. In addition, the candidate should also be able to conceptually and in practicality grasp navigation through the various software applications used in executing the tasks associated with this position. This position processes every patient through the Check-out process upon their visit exit.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to a national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation, technology and cutting-edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Patient check-out procedures including charge posting, payment posting, execute adjustments as appropriate for special patient financial programs, and compare patient insurance coverages and exclusions to services rendered on the date of service to determine how to collect from the patient on a given date of service.
- Respond to patient questions regarding their account.
- Research both self-pay and insurance patient account activity, so that the patients’ questions can be satisfactorily answered and required actions can be taken regarding the accounts.
- Insurance follow-up responsibilities, including but not limited to, monitoring outstanding insurance accounts receivables for the various payers with which the practice is contracted. For those claims that exceed a given standard for the length of time a claim is outstanding and thus requires follow-up with the Payer, perform such follow-up to ensure that all funds due from payers are collected on a reasonable and timely basis.
- Patient follow-up responsibilities, including but not limited to, monitoring outstanding patient accounts receivables for the various patients with outstanding balances. For those patient accounts that exceed a given standard for length of time a self-pay balance is outstanding, perform follow-up to ensure that all funds due from patients are collected on a reasonable and timely basis.
- End of Day Balancing, which includes running reports specified in the End of Day Balancing process, and perform balancing procedures to ensure that all amounts reconcile to supporting documentation and to posted bank deposits.
- Monitoring Accounts Receivable status, which includes running and reviewing specified reports to ensure that the Practice collects on a timely basis all funds that are due to the practice.
- Serve as the backup associate to the Patient Financial Counselor. This requires counseling patients on the costs associated with the treatment protocol/program identified by their primary physician; performing insurance verification for new patients and patients going into specific infertility treatment programs; performing insurance precertification and preauthorization for patients whose insurance plans require same for specified treatment processes or services.
- Participate in annual compliance training, including but not limited to, HIPAA Training as assigned.
- Observe all HIPAA required practices, including but not limited to, maintaining HIPAA compliance and maintaining confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, and HIV confidentiality.
- Engage in an iterative continuous improvement process to insure the effectiveness of the above set-forth policies, procedures, methodologies, and workflows; make recommendations for adjustments where indicated to optimize efficiencies for staff and reliability of output for financial and operational reporting purposes, resulting in best-in-class practices and results.
- Engage in a collaborative process with fellow colleagues to bring about the best possible experience for the patient.
- Participate in and be an effective contributor in regular and ad-hoc meetings as necessary to achieve Practice and Corporate objectives.
- Engage in professional growth opportunities through ongoing training and professional development, and making use of feedback and recommendations
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a medical/healthcare office setting required.
- 2-3 years of experience in patient financial services preferred.
- Prior experience with Athena, preferred.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays, on a rotating basis with other teammates.
- Must enjoy serving patients and having interaction with them, particularly in this subspecialty of medicine.
- Strong professional interest in being a change agent to facilitate various workflow optimization initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively read, generate and analyze reports.
- Superior judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an outgoing personality, with a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Strong oral and written skills resulting in being an effective communicator.
- Must have excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and excellent multitasking abilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Be a motivational force by exemplifying the company vision, mission, values, and culture.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
CCRM proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org