CCRM San Francisco
CCRM San Francisco is affiliated with the CCRM network of fertility practices and reproductive laboratories employing state of the art science and technology in the treatment of infertility and family building. The CCRM network is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada. CCRM San Francisco serves the entire Bay area, the San Francisco regional area, and an international patient population. Continued aggressive growth is planned for CCRM San Francisco.
The Patient Account Representative-Check Out reports to CCRM Management Company’s Director, Patient Financial Services and CCRM San Francisco’s Practice Administrator. The candidate has a sincere desire to serve patients, and possesses a strong aptitude for handling financial transactions. In addition, the candidate should also be able to conceptually and in practicality grasp navigation through the various software applications used in executing the tasks associated with this position. This position processes every patient through the Check-out process upon her/his visit exit.
Although experience in the patient financial services field is preferable, it is not a requirement to be eligible for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Charge Posting
- Payment Posting
- Execute Adjustments as appropriate for special patient financial programs
- Compare patient insurance coverages and exclusions to services rendered on the date of service to determine how to collect from the patient on a given date of service.
- Respond to patient questions regarding their account
- Research both self-pay and insurance patient account activity, so that the patients’ questions can be satisfactorily answered and required actions can be taken regarding the accounts.
- Insurance Follow-up
- Monitor outstanding insurance accounts receivables for the various payers with which the practice is contracted.
- For those claims that exceed a given standard for the length of time a claim is outstanding and thus requires follow-up with the Payer, perform such follow-up to ensure that all funds due from payers are collected on a reasonable and timely basis.
- Patient Follow-up
- Monitor outstanding patient accounts receivables for the various patients with outstanding balances.
- For those patient accounts that exceed a given standard for length of time a self-pay balance is outstanding, perform follow-up to ensure that all funds due from patients are collected on a reasonable and timely basis.
- End of Day Balancing
- Run reports specified in the End of Day Balancing process, and perform balancing procedures to ensure that all amounts reconcile to supporting documentation and to posted bank deposits.
- Monitoring Accounts Receivable status
- Run and review specified reports to ensure that the Practice collects on a timely basis all funds that are due to the practice.
- Serve as the backup associate to the Patient Financial Counselor. This requires performing the following steps.
- Counsel patients on the costs associated with the treatment protocol/program identified by their primary physician.
- Perform insurance verification for new patients and patients going into specific infertility treatment programs.
- Perform insurance precertification and preauthorization for patients whose insurance plans require same for specified treatment processes or services.
- Compliance Training, including but not limited to HIPAA Compliance
- Participate in HIPAA Training as specified by the Practice and observe all HIPAA required practices.
- Participate in any other compliance training and observe requirements as specified.
- Engage in an iterative continuous improvement process to insure the effectiveness of the above set-forth policies, procedures, methodologies, and workflows. Make recommendations for adjustments where indicated to optimize efficiencies for staff and reliability of output for financial and operational reporting purposes, resulting in best-in-class practices and results.
- Engage in a collaborative process with fellow colleagues to bring about the best possible experience for the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in and be an effective contributor in regular and ad-hoc meetings as necessary to achieve Practice and Corporate objectives.
- Engage in professional growth opportunities
- Through ongoing training and professional development, and
- Making use of feedback and recommendations
- Engage in professional growth opportunities
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree. Major in business administration or healthcare administration preferred but not required.
- Interest in continued professional growth and development.
- One or more years of experience in a professional work environment. While a healthcare environment is desirable, it is not required.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays, on a rotating basis with other teammates.
- Must enjoy serving patients and having interaction with them, particularly in this subspecialty of medicine.
- Strong professional Interest in being a change agent to facilitate various workflow optimization initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively read, generate and analyze reports.
- Superior judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an outgoing personality, with a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Strong oral and written skills resulting in being an effective communicator.
- Must have excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and excellent multitasking abilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Be a motivational force by exemplifying the company vision, mission, values, and culture.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
CCRM San Francisco
1060 Marsh Rd, 1st Floor
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Cristina Randall, Director, Patient Financial Services — email@example.com.
This job operates in a professional office setting performing predominantly sedentary work. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org