The New Patient Nurse Coordinator demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills related to fertility treatment in the care of infertility and IVF patients. The New Patient Nurse Coordinator will review all new patient and returning patient’s medical records and create a document that outlines their medical history, genetic information, and previous testing done by the patient. The New Patient Nurse Coordinator will answer patient questions as it relates to scheduling, or treatment or testing. The New Patient Nurse Coordinator directly reports to the Nurse Manager and the Assistant Nurse Manager and should function in an independent fashion, taking direction from the physicians as it relates to specific patient care concerns. The person in this position should be responsible, attentive to details and have a desire to develop professionally.
CCRM is an industry-leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis. CCRM is proud to assist in building all kinds of families.
- Prepare new patient and returning patient charts and enter information into the patients EMR.
- Review all medical records of patients, and create document for physicians that outlines previous medical history, genetic information, and previous testing done by the patient.
- Provide initial patient consultation after consultation with physicians.
- Work with front desk receptionists regarding scheduling, getting patient medical history and medical record information when patients are added onto the physician’s schedule.
- If the patient is not in office, contact patient via phone to provide information, answer questions, and outline testing and treatment process per physician direction.
- Coordinate all infertility diagnostic tests and treatment plans with patient at the direction of the physician.
- Collaborate with physician in developing and implementing a treatment plan appropriate for each individual patient.
- Review with physician all patient lab work or workups received from out of state physician offices and laboratories.
- Responsible for accurate, detailed, and complete charting for each patient and/or physician communication and any review or discussion about patient treatment plan.
- Provide compassion and emotional support to patient throughout their infertility journey.
- Responsible for ongoing communication and documentation between the physician and the patient.
- Document and update workup instructions in EMR as requirements change.
- Assist out of country patients with required documents/letters to apply for a visa.
- Communicate any physician information to the back office staff, as needed.
- Maintain professional standing of continued professional education and organizational memberships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employee Health Nurse Functions
- Keep all employee health records for employees.
- Coordinate and maintain documentation of TB testing, Hepatitis B titers, flu shots, and Covid vaccinations cards for all employees.
- Update all employee health records, as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, tasks, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, tasks, and activities of this position are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time effectively.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Nurse Manager.
Education and Experience
- Current Colorado Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience. Women’s Health and /or Infertility experience preferred.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protected measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
Compensation & Benefits
CCRM proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees, including paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 – $40.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org