The Molecular Genetic Scientist will be responsible for performing comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS) procedures in the Genomics Laboratory under the direction of the Scientific and Genetics Director. The Molecular Genetic Scientist must demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the various procedures performed in the Genomics Laboratory. This position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, self-motivation, excellent communication skills along with a high level of independent judgment and accuracy. This position entails both independent and strong team work as well as fosters cooperative working relationships with other departments. He/she reports directly to the Scientific and Genetics Director and take direction from the Laboratory Manager.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Assure incoming embryo biopsy samples are properly documented.
- Accurately and efficiently process embryo biopsy samples for whole genome amplification and CCS following the lab standard operating procedures.
- Work to maintain a sterile environment to prevent DNA contamination and eliminate cross contamination between samples.
- Accurately and efficiently analyzes embryo biopsy samples using Next Generation Sequencing, including preparation of results and reports.
- Accurately operates all instruments and equipment and records all information in log/lab books. Perform daily, weekly, and periodic maintenance on equipment and instruments per lab standard operating procedures to assure integrity of the Genomics Laboratory.
- Perform tasks with meticulous attention to detail to assure accuracy in reported data.
- Ship and document embryo biopsy samples to an outside testing laboratory for Single Gene analysis.
- Accurately and efficiently complete data entry into Microsoft Office programs to maintain CCS databases.
- Monitor lab reagents to assure needed supplies are available on a daily basis.
- Interacts with Research team on assigned projects during clinical downtime while working independently to obtain accurate results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology and/or Molecular Genetics required.
- Strong laboratory courses required.
- Previous laboratory or scientific research experience required.
- Molecular biology experience preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate good general laboratory and sterile technique.
- Must be able to accurately utilize a pipette using small volumes.
- Must be able to work quickly with meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible with daily work assignments.
- Must be able to enter data into a database system accurately and efficiently.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Scientific and Genetics Director.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves and inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and /or walk; is occasionally required to sit; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee s required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaged in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment and verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org