The Medical Information Coordinator is responsible for all transcription of medical information into the EMR, and for chart maintenance, including chart preparation, and fulfilling requests for medical records.
- Transcribe, enter and verify data from source documents into the electronic medical record in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for all chart maintenance; including filing, pulling charts ad requests for medical records.
- At intervals throughout the day, check for any medical record releases that need to be processed for patients. Follow approval prep steps as outlined in the medical records release form document. Once reviewed and approved by designated staff person, print up appropriate reports and send to designated provider or patient.
- Assure confidentiality and safeguarding of all patient medical information.
- As needed or when delegated, perform relief receptionist responsibilities, such as answering phones, and any other front desk responsibilities.
- As needed or when delegated, handle and appropriately stamp all outgoing mail; ensuring accurate and timely mailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- One year medical office experience preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Must have problem solving abilities
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must gave a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org