The OB/GYN/Infertility Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist demonstrate knowledge and skills in the clinical care of his/her patients. The Clinical MA/Phlebotomist is responsible for the daily management of OB/GYN/Infertility patients. When performing the responsibilities of phlebotomist, he/she will obtain blood samples from patients by venipuncture. He/she is largely responsible for specimen processing to reference laboratories as well as tracking of returned results. Quality Assurance and maintenance activities are required responsibilities of a MA/ phlebotomist. He/she reports to the Office Manager and takes direction from the Medical Director, other physicians and the Nurse Practitioner.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Prepare patients for examination, including weight, blood pressure, urine dipstick, hemoglobin, pap smear, and urine pregnancy, as needed.
- Prepare minor procedure trays and assist with those procedures as needed. These procedures would include hysteroscopy, endo biopsy, punch biopsy, and laminaria.
- Daily equipment maintenance and sterilization. Follow up with equipment needs and ordering of parts and supplies for equipment, when needed.
- Maintain pap smear control log and communicate pap results to patients. Send reminders to patient needing follow up pap smears.
- Respond to pharmacy refill inquiries and document in EMR.
- Order and stock examination areas with adequate supplies and reconcile packing slips.
- Perform quality assurance for Hemacue machine and communicate with the Assistant Nurse Manager if any issues or equipment concerns arise.
- Perform urine pregnancy tests and document in EMR.
- Complete changing of sterile soak for all equipment as required on sterile soak directions and maintain records for changing sterile soak.
- Complete daily temperature check and spore testing for each autoclave machine.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PHLEBOTOMIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow proper specimen collection procedures, including patient preparation and venipuncture, specimen labeling, handling, processing and preparation, transportation and storage of specimens.
- Verify patient ID and information.
- Prepare specimens for send out to various reference laboratories.
- Process and track all send out tests to/from reference laboratories.
- Generate billing information for requested laboratory testing.
- Route billing information to insurance company when indicated.
- Collect payment from patients when indicated.
- Responsible for review of any highly unusual or critical results and notify nurse and/or physician.
- Perform and document daily quality control/quality assurance activities.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting procedures for tests performed.
- Participate in proficiency testing.
- Comply with OSHA and CLIA regulations.
- Attend annual OSHA in-service.
- Adhere to quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
- Perform and document housekeeping tasks involved in maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain adequate inventory and supplies.
- Review invoices for accuracy from all vendors and send to Office Manager for processing.
- Participate in continuing education as needed.
- Current Medical Assistant certification. Current Phlebotomy certification. Current BLS certification.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medical Assisting.
- Phlebotomy training through a Certified MA/Phlebotomy program.
- Minimum 1 year of recent MA experience with 6 months phlebotomy experience in a hospital or clinical setting preferred.
- Must demonstrate specific medical technical skills.
- Must demonstrate proficiency and good technique in phlebotomy and specimen processing.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations..
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Office Manager.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; is frequently required to stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type: and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office and clinical machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers or employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-Time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com