CCRM New York
The IVF Registered Nurse demonstrates advanced knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures and skills related to fertility treatment and the care of IVF patients. He /she reports to the IVF nurse lead, Patient Care Manager and Practice Manager and should function in an independent fashion as well as in a team environment. He/she will take direction from the Physician as it relates to specific patient care concerns. He/she should be responsible, attentive to details and have a desire to develop professionally.
- Review medical records of each patient and assure appropriate data is entered into the patient’s EMR.
- Collaborate with physician in developing and implementing a treatment plan appropriate to individual patient.
- Provide initial patient consultation after consultation with physician.
- Coordinate all infertility diagnostic tests and treatment plans with patient at direction of physician.
- Answer patient questions regarding patient cycles and calendars.
- Follow up with patient after ultrasound scan.
- Assure accountability for infertility/IVF patients each day, including ultrasounds, lab tests, physician orders, and other related items.
- Communicate with patient in person or on the telephone regarding patient medication, treatment plans, and test results.
- Perform intrauterine inseminations, as directed.
- Document into EMR all patient plans and interactions with patient and physician.
- Place patient orders into EMR.
- Responsible for patient scheduling, and coordinates with surgery/front desk ART scheduling.
- Responsible to assure all consents are signed in a timely manner.
- Responsible to assure that communicable disease testing is complete, accurate, and appropriate.
- Responsible to see that all patient documents are reviewed, accurately placed in the EMR, and discussed with physician.
- Responsible to provide education to patient to prepare them to undergo procedures/testing related to infertility testing, insemination, in vitro (IVF) fertilization, FET, and egg vitrification, etc.
- Responsible for ongoing communication and documentation between the physician and the patient.
- Monitor established pregnancies via ultrasonography and lab tests, through the first 8-12 weeks of pregnancy and documents updates in the patient’s EMR.
- Provide compassion and emotional support to patient throughout their infertility experience.
- Participate in educating and/or training nurses, as directed.
- Assist with quality improvement projects.
- Maintain professional standing by participating in continuing education and professional organization membership.
- Participate in research, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensure: Current State Registered Nurse license.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of related work experience preferred.
- Women’s Health experience preferred
- Must be well-organized with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- A demonstrated self-directed work ethic
- Must be able to function independently as well as be an effective team member
- Must be able to perform the duties that are delegated to him/her.
- Must communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers, physicians, and team members.
- Support vision and mission
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers
- Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality
- Understands and asses for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities
- Will report concerns to Medical Director or Practice Administrator
- Utilizes time efficiently
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org