The Gestational Carrier (GC) Program Administrative Assistant demonstrates knowledge and skills in the coordination of administrative duties related to the third party reproduction team. The GC Program Administrative Assistant is one of the first people that will communicate with the patient, whether in person or on the telephone. This person will answer questions, provide general information or may direct a patient to a person who can provide more specific information. This position reports to and takes daily direction/supervision from the Manager.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven location spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Responsible for scheduling patients, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintenance of a patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), creating a chart in EMR, including updating patient demographic information, as needed.
- Responsible to send out medical releases, request and track incoming medical records and send those medical records for medical review.
- Responsible for scanning documents/past medical records into the patient’s EMR.
- Responsible for notifying the manager of any missing documents or information.
- Responsible to track all GC applications and assist the patient with the application process, when needed.
- Responsible to collect insurance card information and work with insurance company for review of coverage for patient’s treatment plan.
- Responsible to conduct an FDA phone screen with patient.
- Responsible to answer the telephone and triage phone calls to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Responsible to retrieve, organize and triage phone messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible to offer assistance to the patient, staff and provider, as needed.
- Responsible for preparing patient information packets and assisting patient in meeting their one-day workup appointments.
- Responsible to facilitate the administration of the PAI testing with selected patients.
- Responsible for supply inventory and the ordering, updating and mailing of patient educational materials.
- Responsible to assure readiness and cleanliness of the waiting room for each work day and in between patients. Discard old waiting room materials and assure all materials are appropriate for the patients served.
- Responsible for the mailings/letters to GC patients.
- Responsible to coordinate all initial phone inquiries from potential GC patients and forward them in a timely manner to the manager.
- Provide verbal and written information to potential new patients about CCRM and the services offered.
- Responsible to assist with travel plans for out of town GC applicants.
- Maintain positive relationships with other departments.
- Responsible to check email and voicemail frequently throughout the day and check postal mail and distribute appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No license required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Administrative course work or prior experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Previous medical receptionist experience preferred.
- Excel skills required.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment and have the ability to schedule patient appointments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong ability to follow procedures is essential.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and have a strong attention to detail and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently while under the supervision of the managers and physicians.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated within a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality for all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Nurse Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office setting performing predominantly sedentary work. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employee engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including criminal background check, drug screen, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorizations of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to JBecerra@ColoCRM.com