The Genome Database Analyst demonstrates knowledge and skill related to Genetics and Computational Biology. He/She reports to and supervised by the Scientific and Genetics Director. On a daily basis He/She works alongside and takes direction from the Postdoctoral Bioinformatician. This position requires to maintain and analyze multiple large genomic databases related to preimplantation genetic testing. As a Genome Database Analyst, you will use your knowledge and skills in biology, genetics, and biostatistics to analyze and interpret clinical data. The role requires familiarity with standard statistical analysis procedures and experience with at least one statistical programming language (preferably R). This position functions independently and fosters cooperative working relationships within the Genetics team. The individual should be well organized, efficient, attentive to detail, responsible, and able to multi-task. This is an ideal position for a candidate who is interested in working in a computational biology/genetics laboratory focused on clinical care.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer infertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS; among others:
- Programming skills: R required; other skills (Bash, Python, SQL) preferred.
- Data management and maintaining accurate and complete records, including data checking and cleaning of genetic and phenotypic information.
- Ability to analyze and interpret genomics data, especially genomic copy number.
- Experience in data mining and querying.
- Ability to create graphs and data visualization strategies that enable interpretation of results.
- Understanding of basic statistical methods and molecular biology.
- Knowledge of DNA sequencing platforms and associated software, data files, and analyses.
- Demonstrate strong technical, communication, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to function as an effective team member.
- M.S. in Data Science, Computational Biology, Statistics and Genetics or related field.
- Previous medical research experience preferred.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a good team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities.
Will report concerns to Scientific and Genetics Director.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and data servers. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally sit and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org