The Genetic Administrative and Lab Assistant demonstrates knowledge and skill related to Genetics and Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT). He/She reports to and supervised by the Scientific and Genetics Director. On a daily basis He/She works alongside and takes direction from the Genetic Counselors and the PGT team. This position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, excellent communication, attention to detail, along with a high level of independent judgment and accuracy. This position functions independently and fosters cooperative working relationships within the Genetics team and other departments. The individual is well organized, efficient, attentive to detail, responsible, able to follow protocols, and able to multi-task. This is an ideal position for a candidate who is working towards applying for graduate school for a Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer infertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
1. Carrier Screening tasks
a. Data enter carrier screening results positive and negative and manage database. b. Call out positive results who need to have screening coordinated for their partners. c. Scan all carrier screening reports/Import into patient’s chart using Indexing Client. d. Route documents to Group Genetic counselors for them to review. e. Send results to patients via carrier screening portals.
2. PGT Patient Preparation and Follow-Up
a. Fill out basic patient information on patient prep and pedigree forms. b. Schedule all outstanding PGT patients for genetic consults. c. Scan in PGT intake and pedigree as well as PGT Consult Checklist. d. Scan of consent forms/miscellaneous items e. Inventory and track Single Gene PGT cases.
3. ART Meeting prep and Attendance
a. Check all patients coming through for transfer and retrieval in the upcoming week. b. Check that all necessary forms are signed, and determine indication for PGT testing. c. Attend ART meeting and inform group of each patients PGT indication as well as any other relevant genetic information d. Track forms that need to be signed prior to retrieval or transfer.
a. Witness important steps in the PGT laboratory. b. Sample tracking for In-house PGT and patient follow up. c. Sending out In-house kits for DNA collection. d. Other assistance in the PGT laboratory.
- Bachelor of Science degree (major in Biology preferred).
- Previous medical or research experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer data base programs with data entry system experience required.
- Must be able to enter data into EMR accurately and efficiently, paying close attention to detail with minimal chance for errors. Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a good team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities.
Will report concerns to Scientific and Genetics Director.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and material. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally sit and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status),
Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding).
Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Medical Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to MKatz-Jaffe@ColoCRM.com