The Front Office Receptionist provides receptionist support for the office. The front desk receptionist is the first person that will communicate with the patient and/or physician, whether in person or on the telephone. He/she will answer questions or provide general information, or may direct a patient to a person who can provide more specific information. He/she will report to the Practice Manager and takes daily supervision and direction from the Practice Manager or Front Office Manager.
Licensure: No licensure required.
Education: High School diploma required.
Administrative course work.
Associate’s degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous customer service experience required.
Previous medical receptionist experience preferred.
OB/GYN medical office experience preferred.
Skills: Must have good attention to detail, be self-motivated, and be flexible. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal efficiently and courteously with all patients. Must have excellent organizational skills combined with excellent multitasking abilities. Must have excellent computer skills and have the ability to schedule patient appointments in an accurate and timely manner. Must demonstrate the ability to be a good team member and perform duties that are delegated to him/her. Must have good computer skills, be able to use basic office equipment and be able to handle multiple phone lines.
- Check in and out each patient upon arrival and departure.
- Responsible to get initial patient information, and update and maintain the patient demographic information.
- Responsible to scan insurance cards, picture ID, etc. into the patient’s EMR.
- Responsible for patient appointment scheduling and rescheduling patient appointments when needed.
- Communicate with patients in a timely manner when schedule changes are made.
- Responsible to handle confidential information and patient medical records.
- Responsible for taking patient payment, procedure pre-payments, and past due balances and provide a receipt to the patient.
- Responsible for auditing daily superbills and providing payment records and payments to the business office.
- Answer phone calls, take and triage phone messages, forwarding them based on urgency and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assisting each patient with their appointments for the day, monitoring patient schedule to assure patient is getting to appointment on time and with minimal wait time, effectively maintaining timely patient flow.
- Assist patient, staff, and provider, as needed.
- Responsible to check the testing ordered and the information is in the EMR prior to their appointment with the provider.
- Responsible to make daily confirmation calls to each patient, at least 24 hours prior to their appointment to confirm appointment date, time, and any instructions prior to visit.
- Mails out patient information and education materials, when needed.
- Maintain positive relationships with other departments.
- Check fax machine, throughout the day and distribute all incoming faxes to appropriate staff member. Fax patient information, as directed.
- Assure the readiness of the waiting areas for each work day; open building at the designated time and ready computers at the front desk prior to patient arrival for the day.
- Secure building at the close of each work day by locking all entrances.
- Trains new employees, as requested.
- Participates in staff meetings and other in-services or training and is accountable for the information/education provided in those meetings.
- Assumes responsibility for development and accomplishment of annual personal and team goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals, such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to take, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding).
Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employee engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- OB/GYN Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com