The Front Office Receptionist provides reception support for the office. The front desk receptionist is the first person that will communicate with the patient and/or physician, whether in person or on the telephone. This person will answer questions, provide general information or may direct a patient to a person who can provide more specific information. This position reports to the Front Office Manager and takes daily direction /supervision from the Front Desk Manager and the Assistant Front Desk Manager.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Check in and out each patient upon arrival and departure.
- Responsible to get initial patient information, and update and maintain the patient demographic information.
- Responsible to scan insurance cards, picture ID, etc., into the patient’s EMR.
- Responsible for patient appointment scheduling; rescheduling patient appointments when needed.
- Communicate with patients in a timely manner when schedule changes are made.
- Responsible to handle confidential information and patient medical record information.
- Responsible for taking patient payment, procedure pre-payments, and past due balances and provide a receipt to the patient.
- Responsible for auditing daily superbills and providing payment payments and payment documentation to the business office.
- Answer phone calls, take and triage phone messages, forwarding them in a timely manner to the appropriate person based on urgency.
- Responsible for assisting each patient with their appointments for the day; monitoring patient schedule to assure patient is getting to the appointment on time and with minimal wait time; effectively maintaining timely patient flow.
- Offer assistance to the patient, staff and provider, as needed.
- Responsible for check testing ordered and the information is in the EMR prior to the provider appointment.
- Responsible for making daily confirmation calls to each patient, at least 24 hours prior to their appointment with the provider.
- Mail out patient information and education materials, when needed.
- Maintain positive relationship with other departments.
- Check fax machine throughout the day and distribute all incoming faxes to appropriate staff member. Fax patient information, as directed.
- Scan documents into the EMR, as requested.
- Assure the readiness of the waiting areas for each work day. Discard old waiting room materials and assure all material in the waiting room is appropriate for the patients served.
- Open building at the designated time and ready computers at the front desk prior to patient arrival for the day.
- Secure the building at the close of each work day by locking all entrances.
- Train new employees as requested.
- Participate in staff meetings and other in-services or training and is accountable for the information/education provided at the meetings.
- Assume responsibility for development and accomplishment of annual person and team goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No license required.
- High school diploma required.
- Administrative course work preferred.
- Associates degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Previous medical receptionist experience preferred.
- OB/GYN medical office experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment and have the ability to schedule patient appointments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong ability to follow procedures is essential.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and have a strong attention to detail and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently while under the supervision of the managers and physicians.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated within a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality for all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Front Office Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals, such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to take, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding).
Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employee engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to GMcManus@ccrmivf.com