The Embryologist will be responsible for performing all procedures in the IVF Laboratory under the direction of the IVF Laboratory Supervisor. The Embryologist must demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the various procedures performed in the IVF Laboratory. The Embryologist reports directly to the IVF Lab Supervisor and IVF Lab Assistant Supervisors and takes direction from the Lab Supervisor and Lab Director. The Embryologist will have exceptional organizational skills, self-motivation, excellent communication skills along with a high level of independent judgment and accuracy. The Embryologist functions independently and fosters cooperative working relationships within the IVF laboratory and other departments. The Embryologist must be well organized, efficient, attentive to details, responsible, and able to multi-task.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research, and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Licensure: Medical technology licensure/certificate required if embryologist completed a medical technology university based program.
- Education: Must have either a medical technology licensure/certificate and degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Microbiology. Computer related courses preferred. Strong laboratory courses and/or experience required.
- Experience: Previous laboratory or scientific research experience required. Medical laboratory experience preferred. Computer related experience preferred.
- Skills: The Senior Embryologist will demonstrate good general laboratory and sterile technique. Ability to work quickly and accurately with meticulous techniques. Must be self motivated and flexible in daily work assignment. Must be well organized with excellent customer service and communication. Must be able to prioritize tasks and perform them with great attention to details. Must demonstrate problem solving skills related to patient care and IVF lab services. Must be able to enter data into a database system accurately and efficiently with no errors. Must have excellent patient and customer service skills and be able to interact well with other departments. Must demonstrate the ability to be an effective team member and perform additional duties as delegated.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs daily, weekly, and periodic function checks and maintenance on equipment. Trouble shoots any equipment problems and makes appropriate decisions for repair, with guidance.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy at all times by performing necessary housekeeping tasks. Follows appropriate blood borne pathogen handling and disposal procedures.
- Performs all aspects of media/medium preparation with sterile technique for each case and documents the lots used.
- Processes semen for IVF procedures according to IVF lab protocol.
- Assists physician during egg retrievals and is able to locate and assess all oocytes retrieved in a timely manner. Able to trim oocytes without trauma or injury to the oocytes.
- Consistently implements IVF lab’s double signature and check system when performing procedures to assure correct identity of eggs, sperm and embryos.
- Consistently documents all patient results into the IVF Lab information system (LIS).
- Performs daily fertilization checks which includes “cleaning “embryos with minimal trauma (insemination cases) to observe fertilization. Is able to assess fertilization by observation of pronuclei and polar bodies.
- Participates in continuing education and in-services as appropriate.
- Able to correctly grade Day 3- Day 6 embryos according to the IVF lab procedures. Can perform assisted hatching on Day 3 embryos without causing trauma to the embryo.
- Performs freezing and thawing of human embryos according to IVF lab protocol which results in a high survival rate.
- Performs oocyte inseminations according to IVF lab protocol.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of all supplies so they are readily available. Assists in monitoring and ordering supplies on a weekly basis.
- Able to hyal and strip oocytes for ICSI with minimal trauma.
- Performs Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) according to IVF lab procedures resulting in high fertilization rates.
- Able to assist physician with embryo transfers by successfully loading embryos into a transfer catheter and handing the catheter to the physician. Performs proper identification of the patient with a “time-out” before the transfer.
- Assists physician during PESA, MESA and TESE procedures by locating and correctly processing sperm found according to IVF lab procedures.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice, telephones, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operating of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $87,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com