The Donor Program Assistant demonstrates knowledge and skills in the coordination of administrative duties related to the third party reproduction team. The Donor Program Assistant is one of the first people that will communicate with the patient, whether in person or on the telephone. This person will answer questions, provide general information or may direct a patient to a person who can provide more specific information. This position reports to the Nurse Manager and takes daily direction/supervision from the Assistant Nurse Manager and the Nurse Manager.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations, spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Responsible for scheduling patients, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintenance of the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), including updating patient demographic information, as needed.
- Responsible for scanning documents/past medical records into the patient’s EMR.
- Responsible for notifying nurse of any missing documents or information.
- Responsible to answer telephone and triage phone calls to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Responsible to retrieve, organize, and triage phone messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible to offer assistance to the patient, staff and provider, as needed.
- Responsible for preparing patient information packets and assisting patient in meeting their one-day workup appointments.
- Responsible to facilitate the administration of the PAI testing with selected patients.
- Responsible for supply inventory and the ordering, updating, and mailing of patient educational materials.
- Responsible to assure readiness of waiting area for each work day. Discard old waiting area materials and assure all material in the waiting area is appropriate for the patients served.
- Responsible for sending donor compensation messages to the patient finance service team each week.
- Responsible for mailings/letters to donor and recipient patients.
- Responsible to coordinate initial phone inquiries from potential egg donor patients and forward them in a timely manner to the appropriate nurse or team member.
- Provide verbal and written information to potential new patients about CCRM and the services offered.
- Maintain positive relationships with other departments.
- Responsible to check email and voicemail frequently throughout the day and check postal mail and distribute appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No license required.
- Certified Medical Assistant or other related certification or work experience required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Administrative course work or prior experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Previous medical receptionist experience preferred.
- OB/GYN medical office experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment and have the ability to schedule patient appointments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong ability to follow procedures is essential.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and have a strong attention to detail and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently while under the supervision of the managers and physicians.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated within a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality for all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Nurse Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office setting performing predominantly sedentary work. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employee engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including criminal background check, drug screen, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorizations of all newly hired employees.
This is a full-time benefited position, primarily Monday through Friday, dayshift hours; with weekend and holiday rotation in rotation with other teammates.
To apply for this job email your details to DTindall_2@ColoCRM.com