The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in the performance of OB/GYN and infertility ultrasounds, utilizing various transducers with ultrasound imaging equipment and 3D/Doppler technology. He/she takes direction from the physician and the Ultrasound Supervisor as it relates to specific patient care needs or concerns. This position works under the supervision of the Medical Director for all ultrasound procedures. He/she reports directly to the Medical Director and should function in an independent fashion.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Perform clinical assessment and diagnostic OB/GYN/infertility ultrasound procedures utilizing various transducers.
- Perform ultrasound procedures during embryo transfers.
- Perform ultrasound Doppler procedures.
- Perform 3D ultrasound procedures.
- Utilize Image Quest to import scans accurately and in a timely manner to patients electronic medical record (EMR).
- Recognize cross-sectional anatomy as demonstrated. Differentiate normal/abnormal structures and provide an assessment concerning pathology viewed while scanning.
- Provide education to patient about procedures performed and communicate information as appropriate to patient as visualization of anatomy is seen on display screen.
- Address abnormal or concerning findings with physician in a timely manner.
- Communicate with physician, nurse practitioner and/or nurse coordinator regarding ultrasound findings as noted, and record them in the patients EMR.
- Organize work schedule and coordinate efficient patient care flow between procedures.
- Responsible for appropriately and accurately marking the patients superbill to charge patient for exams performed.
- Escort patient to the checkout desk to ensure payment for services provided.
- Assure that all images and documentation is in the patients EMR in a timely and accurate manner.
- Clean equipment and exam beds between each patient using a germicidal solution.
- Stock all patient examination rooms with adequate equipment and supplies.
- Re-order equipment and supplies as needed and reconcile packing slips for business office.
- As needed and at least once/week, clean all stationary equipment in the examination room and replace linens.
- Participate in a team approach to patient care. Coordinate with other staff to assure appropriate and timely patient care is provided and patient needs are met.
- Address patient care issues with appropriate physician or team member to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Report equipment issues to the Ultrasound Supervisor or Executive Director in a timely manner so equipment maintenance can be done.
- Provide training/in-service education to team members and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assist with quality improvement projects, AIUM accreditation and re-accreditation.
- Serve as a liaison with representatives and vendors for ultrasound related supplies and equipment.
- Participate in research as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) certification.
- Education which results in an ARDMS certification
- Must maintain active status through continuing education
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience; Women’s Health and/or infertility experience preferred.
- Must display competency and knowledge in discerning normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology related to diagnostic imaging.
- Must display a high degree of clinical judgment and accuracy in scanning and be able to recognize pathology.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must be responsible, attentive to details and have a desire to develop professionally.
- Must be self-motivated to increase their level of understanding and knowledge in their field with new procedures that evolve in the field of Women’s Health and infertility.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director and Executive Director.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as : preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment and operating ultrasound equipment and Image Quest.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org