The Clinical Medical Assistant demonstrates knowledge and skill in the care of all infertility patients. The Clinical Medical Assistant is responsible for the daily management of OB/GYN patients. This position reports directly to the Practice Manager and takes daily direction/supervision from the Physicians, the Nurse Practitioner and the Practice Manager.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Prepare patients for examination, including TPR, height, weight, blood pressure, BMI calculation, allergy and medication information, hemoglobin and urine testing, Pap smear, cultures and urine pregnancy testing as needed.
- Complete and document patient assessment and vital signs, testing, allergy and medication information in EMR, using appropriate encounter type.
- For all new patients or regroups, set up consult room and computer with correct patient EMR documents and any other patient testing documentation.
- Alert Physician and/or Nurse Practitioner of any abnormals prior to patient being seen or procedures being done.
- Prepare minor procedure trays and assist with those procedures as needed. These procedures would include but not be limited to: hysteroscopy, endo-biopsy, balloon removal and laminaria. For biopsy prep, confirm correct solution for biopsy specimen.
- For any biopsy specimen, please complete necessary pathology form, document in patient chart and call courier for timely pickup.
- Ensure proper handling of hysteroscope. Test for leaks daily. Examine for any signs of damage weekly and log results.
- Assist with HSG equipment/patient/ procedure as necessary and as directed.
- Give accurate information to patient regarding procedures.
- Obtain patient consent for procedure and witness consent.
- For all pre-op patients, assure all pre-op history and consent forms are completed and placed in inbox for surgery center staff pickup. Confirm with patient that preop labs have been done prior to patient leaving the office.
- Call patients with pharmacy scripts and follow-up on medication refill requests and document follow-up.
- Assist physician and nurse practitioner with physical examinations as needed, assuring Pap and culture forms are completed accurately and sent out in a timely manner.
- Communicate all Pap results to patient. For any abnormal Pap findings, give instructions for follow-up with OB/GYN physician or PCP. Document Pap smear results and call to patient regarding follow-up in EMR.
- Perform urine pregnancy testing, as needed and document results in EMR.
- Scan all patient consents and forms into EMR daily.
- As ordered or directed by physician or nurse, give injections to patients.
- Clean exam room after each patient visit, using 1 minute wet disinfecting towelettes to clean exam bed, counter, and light source if needed.
- Set up exam rooms with necessary equipment/drapes etc . for appropriate appointment type
- Clean, stock and order back office supplies on a weekly basis.
- Rinse, soak and autoclave speculums and any other equipment daily or as needed.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork, consents, and forms for the next day provider appointments.
- Daily autoclave checks, sterilization, cleaning, maintenance and biological testing documentation. Follow up with autoclave supply, equipment needs, and service calls as needed.
- Maintain current records for daily sterile soak of equipment, and changing of soak solution in the requested time frame.
- Maintain quality checks and do daily documentation of results in log book for urine dipstick testing, HemoCue testing, urine pregnancy quality control testing and autoclave biological testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Medical Assistant certification or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- Minimum 2 years recent MA experience.
- Current BLS certification.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures is essential.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and have a strong attention to detail and strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently while under the supervision of the donor nurse lead and physician.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated within a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations, at all times.
- Understands and asses for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Practice Administrator.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays, on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operated in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com