The Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) performs laboratory tests. All pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic testing are included. The MLT is responsible for collection of biologic samples, performance of tests for diagnosis and treatment of various diseases, and reporting of results in a timely and accurate manner. This MLT functions independently and fosters cooperative working relationships within the clinical laboratory and other departments. He/she is under the direct supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Manager and takes direction from the Clinical Laboratory Medical Director.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations scanning the U.S and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Strictly adheres to patient identification policies including verification of patient demographics and insurance. Obtains witness signatures as requested for sample transfers with 100% compliance.
- Follow proper specimen collection procedures, including patient preparation, specimen labeling, handling, processing and preparation, transportation and storage of specimens.
- Perform venipuncture with minimal trauma to patient and follows all policies and procedures regarding specimen identification and specimen processing.
- Perform basic andrology testing as ordered and maintain patient results.
- Perform sperm freezes, thaws, and washes following proper identification of specimens and maintain patient records.
- Perform andrology chromatin laboratory testing as ordered and maintain records of patient results.
- Perform communicable disease laboratory testing as ordered and maintain patient records of patient results.
- Perform immunoassay laboratory testing including hormones, etc. as ordered and maintain records of patient results.
- Perform manual testing methods for APA’s, AMH’s, etc. as ordered and maintain records of patient results.
- Perform specimen processing of all laboratory specimens, documents and resolve any quality concern or issue. Request test orders as needed.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting procedures for tests performed.
- Perform and document daily quality control activities. Follow the laboratory policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and reporting of results and either correct the problem or notify the appropriate supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Present highly unusual or critical results to General Supervisor for consultation prior to approval.
- Participate in and document records of handling proficiency testing samples according to established laboratory policies.
- Perform and document quality assurance activities.
- Perform and document housekeeping tasks involved in maintaining work areas.
- Maintain adequate inventory and supplies. Review and approve invoices and statements from vendors.
- Comply with OSHA and CLIA regulations. Attend annual OSHA inservices.
- Identify and participate in continuing education opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLT, ASCP certification required.
- Associates degree in Laboratory Science and graduate from a clinical laboratory training program required.
- ASCP certification and documentation required.
- 2 years of laboratory training/experience in relevant high complexity testing required.
- Must have a strong basis in general laboratory techniques.
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to work efficiently and accurately while maintaining meticulous technique with strong attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible with regard to daily work assignments.
- Must demonstrate problem-solving skills related to instrumentation and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of services provided by the clinical laboratory.
- Experience with a Laboratory Information System required.
- Must be able to perform venipunctures on occasion.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, exhibiting courteous, compassionate, and respectful treatment of internal and external customers at all times.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members, physicians and patients.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated in a timely manner.
- Participate in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulation at all times.
- Understand and assess for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director and Clinical Laboratory Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis with other teammates.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Compensation: $23-$39/hour based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org