Website CCRM Northern Virginia
The Phlebotomist position is responsible for performing phlebotomy procedures, blood processing, obtaining lab results from reference laboratories, assisting with andrology related duties, maintenance of computer generated logs and reports related to patient testing and billing, and other lab related duties. This staff position works in conjunction with the billing office to coordinate patient charges and collect payment at the time of services. The phlebotomist participates in quality assurance and improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Provides phlebotomy services to clinical laboratory patients according to established procedures and protocols including proper patient identification, patient preparation, specimen collection, and labeling.
- Confirms all patient demographic information with patient per established protocols; requests and facilitates correction of all inaccuracies.
- Confirms accuracy of patient insurance information and ensures use of contracted reference laboratory when appropriate per established procedures. Routes billing information correctly as “bill insurance”, “bill patient”, “bill client”.
- Correctly processes samples per established protocols for testing including required transportation and storage conditions, completion of requisition forms, and transmission of electronic data per protocol.
- Generates correct billing, charges, and payment information as required for laboratory services.
- Accurately and completely performs the billing audit without incident.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy at all times. Follows bloodborne pathogen handling and disposal procedures per OSHA regulations.
- Assures availability of adequate supplies for phlebotomy procedures. Performs inventory at pre-established intervals; orders supplies to maintain minimum inventory levels.
- Meticulously follows established procedure for returned shipping kits.
- Reviews and maintains the RSO to reflect appropriate current and pending orders on a daily and weekly basis.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities as defined by laboratory management and quality team.
- Works with genetic laboratories to ensure proper billing; resolve any patient billing complaints and issues.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriate behaviors to protect patient health information.
- Consistently protects computer access by locking or signing off of computer programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Phlebotomy certification, required.
- High School Diploma, required; Associates Degree from an accredited school, preferred.
- Must have excellent phlebotomy skills with a minimum of 200 successful blood draws is required with documentation of such. Preference may be given to those with phlebotomy experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Knowledge of phlebotomy procedures and protocols typically obtained through a phlebotomy training program including a practical rotation.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills in phlebotomy, specimen processing, and administrative and patient care duties related to the clinical laboratory.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Strong basic computer skills, required; working knowledge of related laboratory software preferred.
- Must be willing and comfortable collecting payment for services rendered.
- Strong ability to follow procedures is essential.
- Strong reasoning skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with good communication skills. Also must possess a high level of independent judgment and accuracy.
- Must have excellent communication skills and make it a priority to consistently communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Understands and asses for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Practice Administrator.
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality.
- Utilize time efficiently.
This job operated in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
To apply for this job email your details to JMichalewicz@ccrmivf.com