Website CCRM Colorado
Job Title: Clinical Applications Support/Trainer
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports to: Health IT Manager – Clinical Applications
Exemption Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: LoneTree, Colorado, up to 20% travel
OSHA Category: III
Job Family Tier: Not Applicable
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Under direction of the Health IT Manager – Clinical Applications, this position serves as an expert in staff utilization of clinical applications at CCRM. By obtaining and maintaining deep understanding of the ways CCRM staff utilize our systems, the Clinical Applications Support/Trainer will act as the liaison between staff and the IT department in identifying needs and best practices for system use. This person will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and utilize those in providing tier 1 support to all users of CCRM clinical applications. This position will use creativity and critical thinking in developing and maintain a training center consisting of an ever evolving set of training opportunities and materials for CCRM staff. The Clinical Applications Support/Trainer 1 position will incorporate previous experience with healthcare systems and growing knowledge of CCRM workflows to effectively enhance user experience and improve upon existing tools while maintaining larger, more long-term perspectives to inform proactive efforts and projects within the CCRM IT department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides level one support to CCRM users of all clinical applications including the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Lab Information Systems (LIS), e-signature, electronic prescribing, document management, secure messaging, patient portal applications and more.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical staff and the IT department and demonstrates excellent communication skills when working with staff from all areas of the organization.
- Maintains excellent working knowledge of CCRM Information Technology initiatives and team member roles and is able to effectively and efficiently escalate issues to appropriate staff
- Serves as an expert in staff workflows and uses that knowledge to inform team initiatives, identify impacts to users and ideas for future projects.
- Provides periodic shoulder support to all remote locations in an effort to best serve all staff as well as identify areas of inconsistencies in workflows.
- Help to standardize, document, and continuously approve upon workflows related to IT and Clinical Applications.
- Conduct new user training designed to introduce staff to clinical applications and their most common workflows. Conduct best practices training for existing users to ensure standardization and ongoing consistency.
- Manage and disseminate information about all training documents and opportunities through a centralized Training Center
- Work daily with the rest of the Clinical Applications/EMR team to organize and prioritize projects while continuously working to complete daily tasks independently.
- Must maintain a positive and can do attitude at all times exemplifying the goals and mission of CCRM.
- Will work closely with team members and staff to develop and resolve issues and tasks as they arise.
- Seeks opportunities for additional responsibilities and growth within organization. Shows initiative and enthusiasm in suggesting and implementing new concepts and/or ideas for improvement.
- These areas include IT Support and troubleshooting, project management, system design and implementation.
- May perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
These “non-essential job functions” represent job functions which the incumbent is responsible for performing. However, if necessary, these job functions could be performed by other personnel.
- Receives necessary ongoing cross training in other information technology team responsibilities as appropriate.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- This is a full-time position based in LoneTree, Colorado; local and national travel is required. Normal hours include planning time, consultation with local and remote staff, travel time, and educational activities.
- Working evenings and weekends may be required occasionally to perform the tasks outlined in the job description.
- Travel by personal auto, charter or commercial aircraft is required with reimbursement for personal auto use provided by the company policy according to the IRS policy.
I. Employees who are exposed regularly to bloodborne pathogens while performing their assigned job duties. Bloodborne pathogen protection is required.
II. Employees who have occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens while performing their assigned job duties. Bloodborne pathogens protection is required.
III. Employees who never have exposure to bloodborne pathogens while performing their assigned job duties.
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree preferred. Minimum of an Associate’s degree in healthcare, training, or other related field required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working closely with EMRs and clinical applications in either an IT/support role or as a trainer or super user among other healthcare professionals.
- Experience in Reproductive/Fertility Medicine is a plus but not required.
- Demonstration of strong independent judgment and initiative required.
- Task oriented, strong attention to detail required. Demonstrated high level of organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to switch from task to task without losing focus. Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of computer equipment and software, including but not limited to, Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook – Intermediate to Advanced skills) required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
To apply for this job email your details to GAdair@ccrmivf.com