Position Title: Call Coordinator
Overview: The Call Coordinator plays a very important role within the Patient Support Center. Providing the proper training, coaching, and leadership to the Patient Support Center team is a crucial part of providing excellent service to our patients. The Call Coordinator sets the tone for the patient experience and is important to the entire organization. Providing an efficient, knowledgeable, and personable conversation with the existing patient adds to patient confidence and satisfaction. The Call Coordinator assists existing patients by answering questions as needed, directing calls to the appropriate person/department, and/or scheduling appointments as directed by the patient’s healthcare team. The Call Coordinator will assist the CCRM Colorado clinics and plays an important supportive role to the Front Desk Staff.
- Must understand HIPAA and the importance of maintaining patient confidentiality
- Assist with initial training if needed
- Provide ongoing coaching and additional training when necessary
- Staying current with all changes that effect the PSC and communicating this to the team
- Leading by example and helping to provide a positive, confident, and productive atmosphere
- Answering incoming existing patient phone calls in a warm, inviting, and informative manner
- Provide answers for a wide range of questions in order to assist existing patients during their journey at CCRM.
- Obtain necessary information from the patient including date of birth, name, phone number, name of physician/nurse, reason for call, and time frame needed
- Triage call in order to determine urgent verses non-urgent and determine how best to assist patient
- Communicate clearly to the patient in order to set expectations as to when appointment will be, when call will be returned by healthcare provider, etc.
- Send confirmation of appointment times to patient when applicable
- Create and send phone notes and flags through the EMR system to appropriate healthcare provider
- Ability to transfer and recall calls efficiently and correctly, understanding that transferring to the correct departments, keeping hold times to a minimum, and warm transferring rather than dropping calls lends to patient and co-worker satisfaction
- Ability to stay current on all appointment type changes, updated scheduling guidelines by location, and any other items that are pertinent to scheduling existing patient appointments
- Quote fees for most common appointment types
- Facilitate patient and billing office communication for complicated fee and billing questions
- Listen to and answer all existing patient voicemails in a timely manner
- Attend staff meetings and in-services
- Answer patient’s emails in a timely manner
- Communicate with physicians, nurses, front desk staff, billing office, and others as needed regarding patient questions, unusual issues, circumstances staff need to know about, insurance pre-authorization matters, etc.
- Ability to handle high volume of calls and the patience to remain engaged with and attentive to the caller
- This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to listen attentively to the caller in order to best assist the patient
- Attention to detail in order to obtain information completely and correctly
- Typing skills and data entry accuracy a must
- Logic, common sense, and the ability to guide the call in order to answer all questions, schedule the appointment(s), and provide best in class experience for caller while keeping time management in mind
- Quick learner and willingness to take initiative with a self-starter attitude
- Willing to work through challenges and ability to problem solve
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Will be required to utilize and navigate electronic medical record system and encrypted email systems
To apply for this job email your details to AORourke-Mills@ColoCRM.com