Website CCRM New York
The Surgery Nurse Manager must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in all aspects of nursing care of the surgical patient. He/she reports to the Practice Administrator and should function independently in all areas. He/she takes direction from the Practice Administrator as it relates to specific patient care needs and concerns, nursing education, and smooth operation and flow of patient care in the surgery center. Must be well organized, self-motivated, and possess excellent communication skills. This position is responsible for supervision and management of all surgery center staff, resolving problems in coordination and collaboration with the medical directors and other department managers. The Surgery Center Nurse Manager has full accountability for patient care management in the CCRM surgery center.
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer in fertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovation technology and cutting edge labs. CCRM is currently comprised of eleven locations spanning the U.S. and Canada with growth planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
- Direct and oversee daily operations in the Surgery Center, be a resource for staff, physicians, and other disciplines.
- Daily management and responsibility for all surgery center nurses, assistants, and surgery scheduler.
- Perform direct patient care as scheduled in all areas.
- Interview, hire, counsel, discipline and terminate employees as necessary.
- Gather feedback and perform all surgery staff evaluations.
- Coordinate educational offerings/training of employees including orientation of new staff.
- Direct the scheduling of surgical procedures in conjunction with the Surgery Scheduler and IVF lab staff.
- Act as liaison with MDs, anesthesia providers, other departments and disciplines to improve patient care at the center CCRM Surgery Center.
- Direct the purchasing of all supplies, medication, and surgical equipment. Assures that all surgical equipment is in working order and available for patient care at all times. Oversees the demonstration of new equipment for possible purchase for patient care use.
- Flex/budget staff in accordance with patient volume. Assures sufficient staff are available for patient care during the surgery center’s hours of operation.
- Hold regular staff meetings.
- Create a focus of quality management and performance improvement. Participate in QI program, committees, and research as appropriate. Coordinates and oversees ongoing QI studies for all surgery center staff. Create a focus of quality management and performance improvement
- Develops, maintains, updates, and implements all surgery center policies and procedures to assure high quality patient care is provided to all surgery center patients.
- Coordinates ongoing Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support training for all clinic staff required to maintain these certifications.
- Assures compliance with all AAASF or AAAHC as well as the State Department of Health standards related to the surgery center and administration of anesthesia in the surgical setting.
- Coordinates the privileging, credentialing and ongoing re-credentialing of all medical staff members, physicians, and other non-employee patient care providers in the surgery center. Alerts medical director to all situations requiring follow-up of these personnel by the medical director. Alerts medical director to a possible impaired provider immediately upon assessment of an unsafe provider.
- Coordinates ongoing peer review of medical staff members, physicians, and other non-employee patient care providers in the surgery center. Serves as the peer review committee chairperson to the governing board.
- Assures compliance with the Department of Health’s standards for surgery center licensing.
- Coordinates the infection control program for the surgery center setting, and assists the governing board to assure compliance for the center overall infection control. Serves as the infection control nurse for the surgery center.
- Reports weekly to the CCRM Management team surgery cases scheduled.
- Reports incidents or adverse incidents to practice manager and CCRM management team.
- Responsible for assuring team has annual OSHA/HIPAA training.
- Responsible to report and participate in quality program to practice manager and CCRM management team.
- Responsible to assure credentialing for physicians and nursing staff are current.
- Assures contract with anesthesia team is current, credentials new anesthesia team as necessary.
- Reports to medical director any concerns about impaired physician, nurse or employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree, Diploma, and/or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing required
- Current State Registered Nurse license.
- Current BCLS and ACLS certifications.
- A minimum of three years of previous management experience at a manager or supervisor level is required.
- A minimum of five years of previous experience related to operating room nursing and post anesthesia care required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills, and have knowledge and skills in managerial aspects of problem solving, collaboration, staffing, and project management.
- Must be able to communicate positively and professionally with all staff members and patients.
- Must be able to provide clear direction and set concise expectations for surgery center staff.
- Must demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge in the care of surgery patients and infertility patients.
- Must have the ability to function independently, and seek assistance from the physicians and team members as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills combined with excellent multitasking abilities.
- Strong computer skills, be able to use basic office equipment and handle multiple phone lines.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player and possess a willingness to perform duties that are assigned or delegated to him/her as well as a willingness to perform duties of other employees as needed.
- Support vision and mission
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment
- Exhibit courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations
- Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions
- Maintains HIPAA and Confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, HIV confidentiality.
- Understands and asses for domestic violence and child abuse issues and reporting responsibilities. Will report concerns to Medical Director or Practice Administrator.
- Utilizes time efficiently.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with daily use of surgical instrumentation and equipment; daily use of chemicals such as Formalin; daily use of medical supplies, equipment and materials. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones; photocopiers; scanners; filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills or splashes of them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involves occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally stand and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with hands and arms. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org