CCRM is an Enterprise of practices and reproductive laboratories employing state of the art science and technology in the treatment of infertility and family building. CCRM is currently comprised of ten locations spanning the U.S. and Canada. Aggressive growth is planned for continued network development on a domestic and international basis.
The Director-EHR Systems Administration & Reporting reports to the Chief Enterprise Integration Officer/Chief Privacy Officer. The Director is responsible for the administration, maintenance, configuration and support of the EHR applications environment where today the primary application is Centricity CPS. As the environment develops, it will also include other ancillary systems supporting patient care.
He/she works collaboratively with the following.
- Chief Financial Officer to provide financial data from disparate systems for the purpose of financial analysis and corporate financial reporting.
- Director-Enterprise Integration and Director-Patient Accounts to provide systems support in developing, analyzing and monitoring processes including billing, workflows, and report generation for ongoing management of patient accounting and insurance operations.
- Vice President-Clinical Integration and Protocols to support developing, analyzing and monitoring care delivery procedures, form usage, quality assurance, outcomes evaluation, report generation, and research data extraction.
- Vice President-Pricing and Contracting to data mine disparate enterprise-wide EHR systems for the collection of data to be used in financial pricing modeling.
- Vice President-Business Development to provide financial data for modeling for future acquisitions.
- Corporate Director-I.T. to maintain seamless access to and integration of the EHR application in the multi-site environment, including:
○ Its interface with other existing and future applications
○ Its logical and physical capacity needs in the enterprise systems environment
○ Establishing and maintaining a robust systems response time for users
○ HIPAA compliant data security protocols
This position requires advanced knowledge of IT operations and programming including knowledge of various EHR and/or information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Data Acquisition and Reporting
A. The Director will respond to requests for data and analysis, effectively utilizing a variety of data sources, building and combining queries and extracts from data warehouses, database tables, spreadsheets, etc. to produce meaningful and useful information.
B. The Director’s experience demonstrates
- Specialized knowledge of, and expertise in SQL and other relational databases.
- Advanced proficiency with Report Writing tools such as: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SSRS and SQL.
- High proficiency in all skills required to analyze and facilitate complex system enhancements needed for the on-going support of reporting needs.
- Working with cross functional teams to design, document, develop, and test complex reports.
- Experience in Centricity or other EHR systems.
- Understanding of the relevant clinical and/or business operation functions.§ Proficiency in data gathering techniques.
- Advanced proficiency in creating detailed report specifications.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to provide ongoing support and training of reporting solutions.
- Ability to consult in developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with reporting.§ Ability to provide estimates and make recommendations for handling/resolving complex reporting projects.
2. EHR Systems Administration (Primarily Centricity, with others to follow)
A. The Director will
- Develop, implement, maintain and support the robust Centricity application and database. He/she will apply systems knowledge to analyze, develop, integrate, interface (HL7 and others), configure, customize and support the Centricity EHR Clinical and Practice Management application.
- Respond to, and diagnose problems through discussions with management and users, including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
B. The Director will Identify opportunities for the employment of EHR supporting applications
- To assist management in further achievement of corporate objectives
- To enhance users’ workflow, efficiency, productivity and satisfaction with the intersection of the primary EHR application and their respective role responsibilities.
C. The Director will
- Evaluate software and hardware products and make recommendations for improving operations or processes.
- Identify opportunities for custom developed applications that can support the EHR environment, where such “off-the-shelf” supporting applications are not available.
- Perform research and development of new business intelligence tools and techniques for report writing.
3. Project Management
A. Where custom applications development is commissioned, lead process for engagement of third party developers and serve as project manager for effective SDLC to ensure effective planning, creating, testing, and deploying of new applications.
B. Where 3rd party supporting applications are purchased, lead the process for successful evaluation, product selection, installation, testing and integration for such acquired applications.
C. Ensure effective integration of all applications and systems that interface with or will be installed to interface with the primary EHR application. These include, but are not limited to the following.
- Data warehouse
- 3rd party Lab Information Systems (LIS)
- 3rd Party Laboratories
- Patient Portal
- Credit Card processing and online bill pay systems
4. Engage in an iterative continuous improvement process that monitors the effectiveness of the above primary and supporting EHR systems and make adjustments where needed to optimize efficiencies and reliability for staff resulting in a best-in-class EHR environment.
5. Understand and embrace the collaborative nature, interdepartmental dependencies, and specific location needs to facilitate successful development of Enterprise wide EHR applications and opportunities.
6. Manage team staff members who serve as systems trainers and business analysts to ensure successful implementation of primary and supporting EHR systems.
- Coordinate, monitor, and load balance work responsibilities of staff
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc meetings as necessary
- Conduct performance coaching and discipline management as needed
- Promote professional growth of staff through ongoing training and professional development.
- Conduct performance reviews on at least an annual basis in accordance with the Company’s annual review process.
7. Required Education – Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred — in some combination of Computer Science/Information Technology, and Business Administration/Healthcare Administration or related area of study.
- Strong managerial skills in areas of leadership, team development, coaching, mentoring and situational assessment with a proven track record of building high performing teams
- A change agent capable of guiding the EHR Systems environment in initiating various change management initiatives.
- Strong managerial acumen in setting direction and aligning strategic goals.
- Superior judgment, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong analytical skills and adept in interpreting strategic vision into a systems model.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written and persuasive skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Motivates teams by exemplifying the company vision, mission, values, and culture.
9. Desired location of position is Atlanta, followed by Denver, although remote U.S. residencies will be considered.
RESUMES: Accepted by email only, send to: email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CCRM is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.